PANDA Straw Tube Tracker (STT)
Welcome to the home of Panda Wiki.STT
. This is a web-based collaboration area for the PANDA Straw Tube Tracker group.
For further information please contact Peter Wintz.
of the central PANDA Straw Tube Tracker (STT). The Technical Design Report
of the STT has been approved (Jan 2013) after an evaluation by the Expert Committee Experiments at FAIR and is published. A recent summary talk
about the PANDA Straw Tube Tracker was given at the LEAP 2013 conference. More talks and publications can be found in the Publication list
STT group (Germany-Italy-Poland-Romania-U.S.A.)
IFIN-HH Bukarest-Magurele, AGH Cracow, Jagiell. Univ. of Cracow, IFJ PAN Cracow, GSI Darmstadt, Northwestern Univ. Evanston, INFN and Univ. of Ferrara, INFN Frascati, INFN and Univ. of Pavia, and FZ Juelich.
- May-4th, 2015: Beam test at COSY. Proton beam momenta 3.0, 0.8 and 0.6 GeV/c. New ASIC-TRB readout system (PASTTREC-ASIC & FE-boards). Prototype straw modules for the PANDA-Forward Tracker.
- Dec-1st, 2014: 3rd beam test week sucessfully completed. Proton beam momenta: 2.0, 1.3, 1.0, 0.8 GeV /c.
- Oct-13th, 2014: Start of 2nd beam test week in 2014. Date has been updated (one week earlier now, change with MVD test week).
- July-18th, 2014: Start of first beam test week in 2014. Successfully completed.
- Jan - to date, 2014: Ongoing preparations of straws and readout systems with cosmic test measurements.
- Dec-1/8, 2013: Setup of straw testsystem with ASIC+TRBv3 DAQ at COSY (Cracow/Juelich).
- Oct/Nov, 2013: Tests for analog amplifier + cabling design for FADC readout ongoing.
- Oct/Nov, 2013: Precise measurement of straw mechanics (pressurized length, diameter) ongoing.
- Sep 2013: First straw productions with (final) mylar tubes started. Leakage tests sucessfull.
Any STT related publication (i.e. paper, talk, poster, conference proceeding, ..) has to be submitted to the PANDA collaboration at least 2-3 weeks prior to the planned publication. Details about the procedure can be found at the PANDA page https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/SPC/WebHome#How_to
Beam times allocated for STT tests in 2014 (at COSY, Juelich):
- 1 week, starting July-18th (cw 30), protons at 3.0, 0.8, 0.6 GeV/c. Setup at BigKarl beam area at COSY.
- 1 week, starting Oct-13th (cw 42), deuterons at 2.0, 1.3, 1.0 GeV/c
- 1 week, starting Dec-1 (cw 49), protons at 2.0, 1.3, 1.0 GeV/c
Beam weeks are from friday-friday or monday-monday. The COSY beam time schedule can be found here: COSYSchedule2014.pdf
STT workshops & meetings
During the regular PANDA collaboration meeting the STT group meets in the Tracking session (TRK)
No permission to view WebSiteTools
No permission to view YouAreHere