Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 11th of April 2015, SeeVogh, 14:00-16:00
Topics are not in the order of discussion, but by subject.
- Basel: Werner, Natalie
- Bochum: Cathrina, Claudius, Fritz-Herbert, Malte, Mario, Matthias, Miriam, Patrick, Stefan, Tom, Tobias H., Tobias T.
- Bonn: Christoph, Matthias, Ulrike
- Groningen: Excused
- Uppsala: Pawel (partly)
- GSI: -
- Gain for VPTT preamplifier
- Christoph, Matthias: From measurements with cosmics, channels 12/9: 186 mV/MeV, 145 mV/MeV.
- Malte: to be compared to Bonn test beam result of about 145 mV/MeV.
- Conclusion: Measure two more channels (3 days).
- Tom: VPTT preamps with modified gain work at -25 degrees.
- Voltage divider can be produces (parts are ordered)
- Werner: Parts for VPTT preamp tests arrived, will send next week VPTT and APD preamps with modified gains/parts to Bochum.
- Christoph: HV cable with 3.2mm diameter for PANDA to services hut possible. 5 kV, CERN specs. 20 m sample available. SHV connector can be used. Question SHV on both sides?
- HV Patch panel: H&S with Molex to SHV?
- HV cable for APDs in aleveole: irradiated and tested at 80 degrees. ok for 1 kV (Christoph).
- Alveole PCB
- 8pin connectors for sensor cables: Need to glue! Werner: version with latches possible?
- LV distribution open.
- Christoph: Can start production of 16er interface pcs. (45 min per pc.)
- Should be produced according to drawing with mounting holes on one side and air cooling holes on other side.
- Malte: Need to modify manipulation prototype. Will put drawings in EDMS.
- Mounting holes need to be defined for 8er interface pieces!
- Crate design: Will be discussed in special meeting on Monday, May 18.
- Pawel: One board with special input filters. Works, now at KVI. Production of 5 remaining boards on hold. Need to define input filter (neutral filter).
- Pawel: KVI should send ADC board back to Uppsala to work on input filter.
- For forward endcap EMC need input filter with 50 Ohm input single ended and splitting to high/low gain channel.
- Pawel: Depending on opt. transceiver 5mm shrinking maybe possible.
- Christoph will send Pawel drawing of shaper test board. Pawel will send to Bonn/Bochum information which resistors should be changed to adapt for new filter, single ended input and 50 Ohm termination while keeping high/low gain split.
- Matthias: Can splitting high/low gain be done on the ADC, not in the backplane? Needs less connectors, less reflections.
- Ulrike: Status of APDs?
- Tobias: Reproduceability of QE measurements at per mille level (from excel sheets from Andrea)
- Fritz-Herbert: Irradiation of APDs in Giessen on hold. Waiting for data on QE measurements.
- 12 May 2015