Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 2nd of February 2015, SeeVogh, 15:00-15:35
Topics are not in the order of discussion, but by subject.
- Basel: Werner, Natalie
- Bochum: Claudius, Fritz-Herbert, Malte, Matthias, Patrick, Tobias H., Tobias T., Tom
- Bonn: Christoph
- Groningen: -
- Uppsala: -
- GSI: -
- Tom: Will need about 150 VPTT preamplifiers with factor 2 more gain. I.e. 1V/pC. Werner will try and send test versions, if possible.
- Tom: New HV dividers are good for 1500 V. VPTTs give about 25% more signal at 1500 V compared to 1000 V. Werner: Basel can produce new HV dividers. (Remark: There is no intention to go to 1500 V of normal operating voltage. We just have the possibility now to equalize responses of VPTT-groups and fine tune the dynamic range to maximum preamp-output at maximum deposited energy. Tom)
- Tom: Tests of new APD preamp is ongoing (ringing tests).
- Werner: Wiener could improve current measurements for PL512 (if more modules are needed). Decision: not required. For Endcap existing module is ok.
- Claudius: Will define length of HV cables (from backplate PCBs to patch panels) for racks on both versions, longer version.
- Christoph: 1m cables from patch panels to HV crates cost about 30 kEur. If we need to go outside of hall it will be much more expensive. Will need information on the radiation in the hall!
- Christoph: Ordered cables to be delivered in March
- Discussion: Right now we have a single ground for each APD HV (in the alveole). But common ground is done on the "Schmidt PCB". Decision: One HV ground to the 2 preamps is fine, even considering that they are connected to 2 different HV channels.
- Christoph: Bonn has drawings for the interface pieces.
- Claudius: Has Mockups of "Schmidt PCB". Will test on backplate and test cable routing.
- Christoph: VPTT Alveole transported from Bochum to Bonn. Now in test stand, cooling down.
- Meetings in Feb. and March will start Mondays at 15:15, so that Myroslav can join.
- 03 Feb 2015