Difference: Minutes2014-11-10 (1 vs. 5)

Revision 5
14 Nov 2014 - Main.FritzHerbertHeinsius
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="ForwardEndcapMeetings"

Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 10th of Novemberr 2014, SeeVogh, 14:00-15:00

Line: 34 to 34
 
  • Ulrike: What is the status of the APDlab measurements? Do we need to irradiate all APDs? Fritz-Herbert: Please ask Andrea about details.

AOT
Changed:
<
<
  • Rauischholzhausen attendance: Myroslav possibly, Bonn: Andrew, Christoph, Bochum: Tom, Matthias, Claudius, Tobias T., Fritz-Herbert
>
>
  • Rauischholzhausen attendance: Myroslav possibly, Bonn: Andrew, Christoph, Bochum: Tom, Claudius, Patrick, Tobias T., Tobias H. , Fritz-Herbert
 

-- FritzHerbertHeinsius - 11 Nov 2014
Revision 4
12 Nov 2014 - Main.FritzHerbertHeinsius
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="ForwardEndcapMeetings"

Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 10th of Novemberr 2014, SeeVogh, 14:00-15:00

Line: 34 to 34
 
  • Ulrike: What is the status of the APDlab measurements? Do we need to irradiate all APDs? Fritz-Herbert: Please ask Andrea about details.

AOT
Changed:
<
<
  • Rauischholzhausen attendance: Myroslav possibly, Bonn: not possible, Bochum: Tom, Matthias, Claudius, Tobias T., Fritz-Herbert
>
>
  • Rauischholzhausen attendance: Myroslav possibly, Bonn: Andrew, Christoph, Bochum: Tom, Matthias, Claudius, Tobias T., Fritz-Herbert
 

-- FritzHerbertHeinsius - 11 Nov 2014
Revision 3
11 Nov 2014 - Main.FritzHerbertHeinsius
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="ForwardEndcapMeetings"

Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 10th of Novemberr 2014, SeeVogh, 14:00-15:00

Line: 23 to 23
 
  • Fritz-Herbert: Cables for alveole should be ordered, such that VPTT alveole mass production starts latest in January.

Mechanics
Changed:
<
<
  • Myroslav: RUB got all swagelok connectors from KVI. Rick will sent a list with all required types (and order numbers) in the next few days.
  • Christoph, Tom: Inserts, mount plates and alveoli can be transported to Bochum by car (driver from Bonn University) whenever possible.
>
>
  • Myroslav: RUB got all swagelok connectors from KVI. Action: Rick will sent a list with all required types (and order numbers) in the next few days.
  • Christoph, Tom: Action: Inserts, mount plates and alveoli can be transported to Bochum by car (driver from Bonn University) whenever possible.
 
  • Myroslav on crate design: New ADC has components on both sides. Will work on how to cool in the next few weeks.
  • Claudius: Depth of crates? Myroslav: 10cm = height of ADC module, additional space for backplate and connector. Rest available for cables.
  • Myroslav: Hydraulic pads for endcap are in principle commercially available. No detailed design was done by Michel.
Revision 2
11 Nov 2014 - Main.FritzHerbertHeinsius
Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="ForwardEndcapMeetings"

Minutes of the forward endcap EMC meeting, 10th of Novemberr 2014, SeeVogh, 14:00-15:00

Changed:
<
<
Topics are not in the order of discussion but by subject.
>
>
Topics are not in the order of discussion, but by subject.
 

Presence
  • Basel: excused
Changed:
<
<
  • Bochum: Claudius, Fritz-Herbert, Mario,, Miriam, Patrick, Stephan, Tobias H., Tobias T., Tom
>
>
  • Bochum: Claudius, Fritz-Herbert, Mario, Miriam, Patrick, Stephan, Tobias H., Tobias T., Tom
 
  • Bonn: Christoph, Ulrike
  • Groningen: Myroslav
  • Uppsala: -
Deleted:
<
<
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to be written.........
 
Changed:
<
<
Cables
>
>
Electronics
  • Christoph: new test module with shaper is ready and will be sent to Bochum next Wednesday.
  • Myroslav: Newest ADC received from Pawel last week. Will take a few weeks for software/testing etc.
 
Changed:
<
<
  • Claudius: Cables length for various low voltage (Preamps, THMP, SADC, LP) is not yet determined. Will be sent to Bonn once information is available.
  • Christoph: Status order: Fllotex, quote asked. HV for alveole, sample of more flexible version available.
  • Question: Which connector to use on H&S HV cable? Action: Bochum looks into design of HV patch panel and possible connectors.
  • Bonn will order HV cable for a maximum length of 40km.
  • Action: Need to define in PANDA technical board the location of the crates for forward endcap EMC.
  • Concerning location of power supplies: Action (to system managers): Ask Lars for radiation map.
>
>
Cables
  • Christoph: Quotes available. Order signal cables (16 weeks production time), order HV cable (delivery week 7/2015)
  • Christoph: low voltage: examples to RUB. HV cables for VPTT will be ordered, HV for APD rated 300 V.
  • Fritz-Herbert: Cables for alveole should be ordered, such that VPTT alveole mass production starts latest in January.
 

Mechanics
Changed:
<
<

  • Cable and cooling routing through solenoid: Question: Are the holes U-shaped, such that one can move in the endcap with cable-trays and cooling mounted? Action: Myroslav will ask Rick.
  • Myroslav has reveived a new ADC from Pawel. He will check how to make cooling in the crates thinner. Current plan: 10 digitizer/crate with one common power supply. ADC horizontally inserted. depth 19cm, 9cm for cables and connectors.
  • Bochum: It will be difficult to accommodate 22 crates. More ADCs/crate possible?
  • Matthias: Space between crates is small for cooling connections. May require two different designs of crates.
  • Christoph: Bonn cannot produce interface pieces, they are still waiting for numbers from KVI. Action: Myroslav will ask Rick to provide the hole positions and angles for the full Alveoli.
>
>
  • Myroslav: RUB got all swagelok connectors from KVI. Rick will sent a list with all required types (and order numbers) in the next few days.
  • Christoph, Tom: Inserts, mount plates and alveoli can be transported to Bochum by car (driver from Bonn University) whenever possible.
  • Myroslav on crate design: New ADC has components on both sides. Will work on how to cool in the next few weeks.
  • Claudius: Depth of crates? Myroslav: 10cm = height of ADC module, additional space for backplate and connector. Rest available for cables.
  • Myroslav: Hydraulic pads for endcap are in principle commercially available. No detailed design was done by Michel.

Photodetectors
  • Christoph: More measurements of VPTTs@0.99T, theta=0 and HV=1000V performed. Reduction of gain due to mag. field to about factor 0.4-0.5. 30 VPTTs measured/week. Action: Christoph will sent around results after next measurements (Due date: next Tuesday). After that will do final decision on preamp gain for VPTTs.
  • Ulrike: What is the status of the APDlab measurements? Do we need to irradiate all APDs? Fritz-Herbert: Please ask Andrea about details.
 

AOT
Changed:
<
<
  • Bonn has submitted shaper boards with "final" design. Once ready the boards will be sent to Basel and Bochum.
  • Fritz-Herbert: The support frame for Juelich will be discussed next week with FZ Juelich engineer. Ulrike: Will it be moveable to shoot proton from COSY in crystals? Answer: no, we will use only particles after target. E.g. pi0 for calibration.
  • Christoph: VPTT delivery schedule: Week 45,49,1,6,7 and 11 last delivery.
>
>
  • Rauischholzhausen attendance: Myroslav possibly, Bonn: not possible, Bochum: Tom, Matthias, Claudius, Tobias T., Fritz-Herbert
 

Changed:
<
<
-- FritzHerbertHeinsius - 29 Oct 2014
>
>
-- FritzHerbertHeinsius - 11 Nov 2014
 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding PANDA Wiki? Send feedback
Imprint (in German)
Privacy Policy (in German)