Difference: WebHome (1 vs. 98)

Revision 98
Changes from r94 to r98
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.
Changed:
<
<

>
>
 

PANDA Detector Control System

Changed:
<
<

PANDA DCS Technical Design

>
>

PANDA DCS Technical Design

 

The present structure of PANDA experiment involves several sub-detectors and sub-systems (Fig.1). The Slow Controls (SC) of each PANDA sub-detector and sub-system are planned to be monitored and controlled from a supervisory software application.
Line: 28 to 18
 

The autonomy of each PANDA DCS partition (Fig. 2) implies that the partition should be self-controllable. This means that, specific slow control software, tailored to configure, monitor and control the hardware devices belonging to the partition, is required. Moreover, the partition specific software must be capable to share data with the supervisory layer.
Changed:
<
<
In order to ensure compatible data sharing between the DCS supervisory layer and DCS partition, an EPICS Process Variable Gateway is required to be implemented by each PANDA DCS partition. Additionally, the PV Gateway will provide access rights administration and subnet interface.
>
>
In order to ensure compatible data sharing between the DCS supervisory layer and DCS partition, an EPICS Process Variable Gateway is required to be implemented by each PANDA DCS partition. Additionally, the PV Gateway will provide access rights administration and subnet interface.
 

The SC operation of each partition will be performed from a dedicated graphical user interface (GUI). The interface must ensure the accurate and safe operation of the partition hardware. The complete interface, or part of it, will be embedded in the PANDA supervisory software.
Line: 39 to 29
  PandaDCSLayers.png

Because the device driver software support in EPICS is limited, the software development tools used to control the lowermost layer (Field Layer) are at the free choice of the developer. The only constrain here is that the software must be integrated in the control layer with the EPICS system. However, the recommendation is that the developer, in the early stages of design, should try implement, were is possible, the same hardware and software, with EPICS support, realized by other PANDA sub-systems.
Changed:
<
<

PANDA DCS Partitions

>
>

PANDA DCS Partitions

 

PANDA DCS partitions together with the DCS coordinators are summarized in the table below:
Changed:
<
<

PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Contact
>
>
PANDA System DCS Partition DCS Contact
 
Magnets Solenoid  
Dipole  
Targets Pellet Target Alexander Gerasimov
Line: 72 to 60
 
  • implementation of controls for the hardware devices belonging to the Field Layer of the partition;
  • the software running on the Control Layer of the partition;
  • the partition GUI software;
Changed:
<
<
  • the autonomous operation of the partition.

>
>
  • the autonomous operation of the partition.
 

The PANDA DCS sub-system manager is responsible with:
  • the preparation of DCS technical design;
  • monitor (and guarantee) the implementation of the DCS technical design;
  • the integration of the DCS partitions in the supervisory layer;
Changed:
<
<
  • organize the development of the DCS supervisory software.

PANDA DCS Technical Support

Hardware and Software
>
>
  • organize the development of the DCS supervisory software.

PANDA DCS Technical Support

Hardware and Software

 
  • SupportedHardware is a wiki describing the proposed/tested/supported sensor/control hardware for the PANDA DCS. Early contributions have the chance to set the standards and significantly help other detector subgroups. Please contribute.
Changed:
<
<
Process Variables Naming Convention
>
>

Process Variables Naming Convention

 

The naming convention for PANDA slow control process variables is outlined in this wiki: PVNamingConventions. We recommend implementing these rules early, to avoid later confusion.
Changed:
<
<
Tutorials and Examples
>
>

Tutorials and Examples

 
Changed:
<
<

Information exchange

News
Wiki
>
>

Information exchange

News

Wiki

 

You are currently on the homepage of the PANDA DCS wiki, so we shouldn't need to explain how to find it... wink
Changed:
<
<
To gain write access to this wiki, you have to be a member of the PandaControlsGroup. This is also required for being able to upload your talks to the TalksArchive. If you want to become a member of the PandaControlsGroup, ask its coordinator MarioBragadireanu.
Meetings
>
>
To gain write access to this wiki, you have to be a member of the PandaControlsGroup. This is also required for being able to upload your talks to the TalksArchive. If you want to become a member of the PandaControlsGroup, ask its coordinator Florian Feldbauer.

Meetings

  • Next PANDA DCS session: Parallel session @ PANDA CM 19/2 at GSI;
 
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is PDF.
Changed:
<
<
Forum
>
>

Forum

 

The DCS subgroup forum is located here.
Added:
>
>

Contacts

 
Changed:
<
<
Requirements short term repository

Collection status (10 November 2017)

Requirements_Status_November_10.png

- Cluster Jet Target: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx;

- Micro Vertex Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx;

- Straw Tube Tracker: PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx;

- Barrel DIRC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx ;

- Barrel Time of Flight(SciTil) : PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx;

- Endcap Disc DIRC: PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls

- Endcap and Barrel EMC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods

- Forward Shashlyk: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx;

- Luminosity Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx;

- Solenoid: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx;

- Hypernuclear Ge Det: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx;

- Template: PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx.

Contacts

The PANDA SC subgroup has been formed in 2007. The subgroup is basically made by people, from different PANDA collaborating institutions, involved in the slow controls of the experiment, chaired by the SC sub-system manager. The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found here. The present subgroup chairman is Mario Bragadireanu.
>
>
The PANDA SC subgroup has been formed in 2007. The subgroup is basically made by people, from different PANDA collaborating institutions, involved in the slow controls of the experiment, chaired by the SC sub-system manager. The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found here. The present subgroup chairman is Florian Feldbauer.
 

The DCS mailing list is panda-dcs@gsi.de.

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS interrelations graph (small)" date="1196957713" name="DCS_small.png" path="DCS_small.png" size="63756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small)" date="1207780246" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-wbg-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-wbg-small.png" size="114286" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small) with AFECS" date="1252090282" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-generic-w-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-generic-w-small.png" size="228756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
Deleted:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="h" comment="How to write your own slow controls" date="1323954477" name="DCS-HOWTO.png" path="DCS-HOWTO.png" size="1276908" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="How to write your own slow controls (with links)" date="1323955064" name="DCS-HOWTO.pdf" path="DCS-HOWTO.pdf" size="1524515" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.2"
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaCentralDCS.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136125" name="PandaCentralDCS.png" path="PandaCentralDCS.png" size="71653" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSPartition.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136271" name="PandaDCSPartition.png" path="PandaDCSPartition.png" size="68318" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSLayers.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136408" name="PandaDCSLayers.png" path="PandaDCSLayers.png" size="113227" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Changed:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" attr="" comment="" date="1507117619" name="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" size="39500" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118304" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" size="32760" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118431" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" size="40065" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508919708" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" size="27154" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" attr="" comment="" date="1507118514" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" size="23299" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118551" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" size="33341" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118576" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" size="29804" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118646" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" size="32239" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508428000" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" size="39577" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508348324" name="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" size="50454" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508348607" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" size="30464" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508793787" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" size="35995" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508793942" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" size="33448" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508794273" name="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" size="55090" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" attr="" comment="" date="1508909080" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" size="46592" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508909090" name="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" size="55179" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" attr="" comment="" date="1511175902" name="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" path="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" size="55829" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" attr="" comment="" date="1511175436" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" size="25071" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" attr="" comment="Concept Draft for the Interface between the PANDA DCS and the FEE" date="1527077161" name="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" path="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" size="287080" user="TobiasTriffterer" version="1"
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" attr="" comment="Concept Draft for the Interface between the PANDA DCS and the FEE" date="1552446259" name="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" path="dcs-fee-interface.pdf" size="275044" user="FlorianFeldbauer" version="2"
Revision 94
Changes from r90 to r94
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

PANDA Detector Control System

Line: 20 to 20
 

PandaCentralDCS.png
Changed:
<
<
In the past, an evaluation of several SCADA development packages ( PVSS, LabView, EPICS) was performed by a PANDA slow controls subgroup and the EPICS package was selected to be the main PANDA SC software development tool.
>
>
In the past, an evaluation of several SCADA development packages ( PVSS, LabView, EPICS) was performed by a PANDA slow controls subgroup and the EPICS package was selected to be the main PANDA SC software development tool.
 

Due to the anticipated complexity of the whole PANDA DCS and the expected staged assembly of PANDA detector, the DCS is highly needed to be modular and scalable. In order to accomplish this, each PANDA sub-detector or sub-system is envisaged to be basically autonomous but manageable from a supervisory layer.
Line: 28 to 28
 

The autonomy of each PANDA DCS partition (Fig. 2) implies that the partition should be self-controllable. This means that, specific slow control software, tailored to configure, monitor and control the hardware devices belonging to the partition, is required. Moreover, the partition specific software must be capable to share data with the supervisory layer.
Changed:
<
<
In order to ensure compatible data sharing between the DCS supervisory layer and DCS partition, an EPICS Process Variable Gateway is required to be implemented by each PANDA DCS partition. Additionally, the PV Gateway will provide access rights administration and subnet interface.
>
>
In order to ensure compatible data sharing between the DCS supervisory layer and DCS partition, an EPICS Process Variable Gateway is required to be implemented by each PANDA DCS partition. Additionally, the PV Gateway will provide access rights administration and subnet interface.
 

The SC operation of each partition will be performed from a dedicated graphical user interface (GUI). The interface must ensure the accurate and safe operation of the partition hardware. The complete interface, or part of it, will be embedded in the PANDA supervisory software.
Line: 90 to 90
 
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 

Information exchange

News
Line: 100 to 100
 

To gain write access to this wiki, you have to be a member of the PandaControlsGroup. This is also required for being able to upload your talks to the TalksArchive. If you want to become a member of the PandaControlsGroup, ask its coordinator MarioBragadireanu.
Meetings
Changed:
<
<
  • Next PANDA DCS session: Parallel session @ PANDA LV. Collaboration Meeting
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is pdf.
>
>
  • Next PANDA DCS session: Parallel session @ PANDA CM 18/2 in Stockholm; Tuesday, 5th June 2018, 11:00h CEST
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is PDF.
 
Forum

The DCS subgroup forum is located here.

Requirements short term repository
Changed:
<
<
Collection status (25 October 2017)
>
>
Collection status (10 November 2017)
 
Changed:
<
<
Requirements_Status_October_25.png
>
>
Requirements_Status_November_10.png
 

Line: 126 to 126
 

- Endcap Disc DIRC: PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls
Changed:
<
<
- Forward Endcap EMC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods;
>
>
- Endcap and Barrel EMC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods
 

- Forward Shashlyk: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx;
Line: 168 to 168
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508794273" name="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" size="55090" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" attr="" comment="" date="1508909080" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" size="46592" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508909090" name="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" size="55179" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" attr="" comment="" date="1511175902" name="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" path="Requirements_Status_November_10.png" size="55829" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" attr="" comment="" date="1511175436" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Endcap_and_Barrel_EMC.ods" size="25071" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" attr="" comment="Concept Draft for the Interface between the PANDA DCS and the FEE" date="1527077161" name="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" path="dcs-fee-interface-draft-68bc99a4.pdf" size="287080" user="TobiasTriffterer" version="1"
Revision 90
Changes from r86 to r90
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

PANDA Detector Control System

Line: 45 to 45
  PANDA DCS partitions together with the DCS coordinators are summarized in the table below:

PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Contact
Changed:
<
<
Magnets Solenoid Jost Luehning (!?)
Dipole
>
>
Magnets Solenoid  
Dipole  
 
Targets Pellet Target Alexander Gerasimov
Cluster Jet Target Bogdan Zwieglinski
Beam line and Interaction Region Interaction region  
Line: 55 to 55
 
Trackers Straw Tube Tracker Mario Bragadireanu
Planar GEM Trackers Bernd Voss (?!)
Forward tracking Jerzy Smyrski
Changed:
<
<
Electromagnetic Calorimeter Barrel EMC  
Backward Endcap EMC  
Forward Endcap EMC Tobias Triffterer
>
>
Electromagnetic Calorimeter Barrel EMC Tobias Triffterer
Backward Endcap EMC
Forward Endcap EMC
 
Forward Shashlyk Forward Shashlyk Sofia Bukreeva
Charged Particle ID Barrel DIRC Carsten Schwarz
Changed:
<
<
Endcap Disc DIRC Erik Etzelmülller
>
>
Endcap Disc DIRC Avetik Hayrapetyan
 
Forward RICH Sergey Kononov
Barrel TOF (SciTil) Ken Suzuki
Forward TOF Denis Veretennikov
Line: 108 to 108
 

Requirements short term repository
Changed:
<
<
Collection status (18 October 2017)
>
>
Collection status (25 October 2017)
 
Changed:
<
<
Requirements_Status_October_18.png
>
>
Requirements_Status_October_25.png
 

Line: 124 to 124
 

- Barrel Time of Flight(SciTil) : PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx;
Added:
>
>
- Endcap Disc DIRC: PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls
  - Forward Endcap EMC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods;

- Forward Shashlyk: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx;
Changed:
<
<
- Luminosity Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx.
>
>
- Luminosity Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx;

- Solenoid: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx;

- Hypernuclear Ge Det: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx;
 
Changed:
<
<
- Template: PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx
>
>
- Template: PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx.
 

Contacts

Line: 149 to 155
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" attr="" comment="" date="1507117619" name="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" size="39500" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118304" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" size="32760" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118431" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" size="40065" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Changed:
<
<
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118477" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" size="24731" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508919708" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" size="27154" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" attr="" comment="" date="1507118514" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" size="23299" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118551" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" size="33341" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118576" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" size="29804" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Line: 157 to 163
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508428000" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" size="39577" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508348324" name="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" size="50454" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508348607" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" size="30464" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508793787" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Solenoid_detailed.xlsx" size="35995" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508793942" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Hyp_Ge_detailed.xlsx" size="33448" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508794273" name="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_24.png" size="55090" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" attr="" comment="" date="1508909080" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements__EndcapDiscDIRC_detailed.xls" size="46592" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508909090" name="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_25.png" size="55179" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Revision 86
Changes from r82 to r86
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

PANDA Detector Control System

Line: 12 to 12
 
Added:
>
>
 

PANDA DCS Technical Design

Line: 44 to 45
  PANDA DCS partitions together with the DCS coordinators are summarized in the table below:

PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Contact
Changed:
<
<
Magnets Solenoid Jost Luehning
>
>
Magnets Solenoid Jost Luehning (!?)
 
Dipole
Changed:
<
<
Targets Pellet Target Bogdan Zwieglinski
Cluster Target
Beam line and Interaction Region
Silicon Detectors Pixel & Strip Harald Kleines
>
>
Targets Pellet Target Alexander Gerasimov
Cluster Jet Target Bogdan Zwieglinski
Beam line and Interaction Region Interaction region  
Silicon Detectors Pixels & Strips Hans-Georg Zaunick
 
Luminosity Detector Florian Feldbauer
Changed:
<
<
Trackers Straw Tube Mario Bragadireanu
Endcap GEM Bernd Voss
Forward trackers t.b.a.
Electromagnetic Calorimeter Electromagnetic Calorimeter Thomas Held
>
>
Trackers Straw Tube Tracker Mario Bragadireanu
Planar GEM Trackers Bernd Voss (?!)
Forward tracking Jerzy Smyrski
Electromagnetic Calorimeter Barrel EMC  
Backward Endcap EMC  
Forward Endcap EMC Tobias Triffterer
 
Forward Shashlyk Forward Shashlyk Sofia Bukreeva
Changed:
<
<
Charged Particle ID Barrel DIRC Andreas Gerhardt
Endcap Cherenkov t.b.a.
Forward RICH t.b.a.
SciTil (Barrel TOF) Ken Suzuki
FTOF Anton Izotov
Muon system Muon system t.b.a.
Hypernuclei equipment Hypernuclei Alicia Sanchez Lorente
  Services t.b.a.
>
>
Charged Particle ID Barrel DIRC Carsten Schwarz
Endcap Disc DIRC Erik Etzelmülller
Forward RICH Sergey Kononov
Barrel TOF (SciTil) Ken Suzuki
Forward TOF Denis Veretennikov
Muon system Muon system Nikolay Zhuravlev
Hypernuclear Equipment Target system Michael Bölting
Ge Det Marcell Steinen
Infrastructure Supplies  
  The team taking responsibility for the controls of a PANDA DCS partition is expected to provide:
  • implementation of controls for the hardware devices belonging to the Field Layer of the partition;
  • the software running on the Control Layer of the partition;
Line: 101 to 105
 
Forum

The DCS subgroup forum is located here.
Added:
>
>

Requirements short term repository

Collection status (18 October 2017)

Requirements_Status_October_18.png

- Cluster Jet Target: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx;

- Micro Vertex Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx;

- Straw Tube Tracker: PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx;

- Barrel DIRC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx ;

- Barrel Time of Flight(SciTil) : PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx;

- Forward Endcap EMC: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods;

- Forward Shashlyk: PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx;

- Luminosity Detector: PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx.

- Template: PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx
 

Contacts

The PANDA SC subgroup has been formed in 2007. The subgroup is basically made by people, from different PANDA collaborating institutions, involved in the slow controls of the experiment, chaired by the SC sub-system manager. The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found here. The present subgroup chairman is Mario Bragadireanu.
Line: 115 to 146
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaCentralDCS.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136125" name="PandaCentralDCS.png" path="PandaCentralDCS.png" size="71653" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSPartition.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136271" name="PandaDCSPartition.png" path="PandaDCSPartition.png" size="68318" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSLayers.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136408" name="PandaDCSLayers.png" path="PandaDCSLayers.png" size="113227" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" attr="" comment="" date="1507117619" name="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_4.png" size="39500" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118304" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_STT_detailed.xlsx" size="32760" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118431" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_MVD_detailed.xlsx" size="40065" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118477" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Barrel_DIRC_detailed.xlsx" size="24731" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" attr="" comment="" date="1507118514" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FWE_EMC_detailed.ods" size="23299" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118551" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_FSC_detailed.xlsx" size="33341" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118576" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_LUMI_detailed.xlsx" size="29804" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1507118646" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_v3.xlsx" size="32239" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508428000" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_Cluster_Jet_Target_detailed.xlsx" size="39577" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="2"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" attr="" comment="" date="1508348324" name="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" path="Requirements_Status_October_18.png" size="50454" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" attr="" comment="" date="1508348607" name="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" path="PANDA_Controls_requirements_SciTil_detailed.xlsx" size="30464" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Revision 82
Changes from r78 to r82
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

PANDA Detector Control System

Line: 43 to 43
 

PANDA DCS partitions together with the DCS coordinators are summarized in the table below:
Changed:
<
<
PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Coordinators
>
>
PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Contact
 
Magnets Solenoid Jost Luehning
Dipole
Targets Pellet Target Bogdan Zwieglinski
Line: 60 to 60
 
Endcap Cherenkov t.b.a.
Forward RICH t.b.a.
SciTil (Barrel TOF) Ken Suzuki
Changed:
<
<
FTOF t.b.a.
>
>
FTOF Anton Izotov
 
Muon system Muon system t.b.a.
Hypernuclei equipment Hypernuclei Alicia Sanchez Lorente
  Services t.b.a.
Line: 89 to 89
 

Information exchange

News
Changed:
<
<
  • FZ Jülich, 05 Dec - 08 Dec 2014, EPICS Tutorial / Workshop Update: The workshop had to be shifted, the new date will be in the middle of February and the location will be the University of Mainz.
>
>
 
Wiki

You are currently on the homepage of the PANDA DCS wiki, so we shouldn't need to explain how to find it... wink

To gain write access to this wiki, you have to be a member of the PandaControlsGroup. This is also required for being able to upload your talks to the TalksArchive. If you want to become a member of the PandaControlsGroup, ask its coordinator MarioBragadireanu.
Meetings
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is pdf.
Forum
Revision 78
Changes from r74 to r78
Line: 1 to 1
  Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

PANDA Detector Control System

Line: 50 to 50
 
Cluster Target
Beam line and Interaction Region
Silicon Detectors Pixel & Strip Harald Kleines
Changed:
<
<
Luminosity Monitor Florian Feldbauer
>
>
Luminosity Detector Florian Feldbauer
 
Trackers Straw Tube Mario Bragadireanu
Endcap GEM Bernd Voss
Forward trackers t.b.a.
Line: 59 to 59
 
Charged Particle ID Barrel DIRC Andreas Gerhardt
Endcap Cherenkov t.b.a.
Forward RICH t.b.a.
Changed:
<
<
SciTil (Barrel TOF) t.b.a.
>
>
SciTil (Barrel TOF) Ken Suzuki
 
FTOF t.b.a.
Muon system Muon system t.b.a.
Changed:
<
<
Hypernuclei equipment Hypernuclei t.b.a.
>
>
Hypernuclei equipment Hypernuclei Alicia Sanchez Lorente
 
  Services t.b.a.
The team taking responsibility for the controls of a PANDA DCS partition is expected to provide:
  • implementation of controls for the hardware devices belonging to the Field Layer of the partition;
Line: 89 to 89
 

Information exchange

News
Changed:
<
<
>
>
  • FZ Jülich, 05 Dec - 08 Dec 2014, EPICS Tutorial / Workshop Update: The workshop had to be shifted, the new date will be in the middle of February and the location will be the University of Mainz.

Wiki

You are currently on the homepage of the PANDA DCS wiki, so we shouldn't need to explain how to find it... wink

To gain write access to this wiki, you have to be a member of the PandaControlsGroup. This is also required for being able to upload your talks to the TalksArchive. If you want to become a member of the PandaControlsGroup, ask its coordinator MarioBragadireanu.
 
Meetings
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is pdf.
Forum
Revision 74
Changes from r70 to r74
Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
Welcome to the home of PANDA DCS wiki.

 

PANDA Detector Control System

Changed:
<
<

This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The architecture of the PANDA DCS and the individual components were ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date. To more appropriately reflect its scope, the DCS group should be renamed ECS (Experiment Control System), so for a while, both acronyms might appear throughout the documentation.

ECS interrelations graph (small)

[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | eLogbook | Process Variables | EPICS | PANDACSS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]

<--
Access restrictions:  
-->

Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email LarsSchmitt with your wiki name to be added).

Organization

The DCS subgroup has been established on September 17, 2007. The present structure is listed below.

Subgroup chairperson(s)

The subgroup chairman at this time is MarioBragadireanu. Past chairman: DanProtopopescu.

Subgroup members

The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or from the DCS mailing list.

Strategy Document

A strategy document is currently in preparation. More information can be found in this wiki.

Communication

There are a forum and a mailing list hosted on the GSI servers.

Electronic logbook

The PANDA collaboration's electronic logbook is located at: http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/eLog.php

Forum

The subgroup forum is located on the GSI server. pencil.gif It is recommended that members of the DCS subgroup do subscribe to this forum.

Mailing list

Our mailing list is called panda-dcs@gsi.de. hand.gif GSI Listserv

Meetings

Subgroup meetings will be announced via the Indico system. Please see our TalksArchive.

Talks

The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is PDF.

Teleconferencing

Holger Brand created a virtual room FAIR Controls (Adobe Connect) dedicated to controls discussions for FAIR experiments. To arrange a meeting, please contact Holger and provide the date, time and subject.

ECS framework structure

It is very likely that the PANDA ECS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.

DCS components (small) with AFECS

How to write your own slow controls with EPICS and CSS

Find out here the full recipe of how to to this: DCS-HOWTO.pdf (PDF with links)

How to write your own slow controls

EPICS Wiki (Tutorials & Examples)

The EPICS wiki gives some programming specs and guidelines for how to write a simple GUI, send and control parameters, lists tutorials etc.

Examples and very friendly how-tos:

​[The two links above now require authentication, which shouldn't be. Maybe the tutorials have been removed as the University of Glasgow is no longer a member of PANDA and DanProtopopescu is no longer working there. TobiasTriffterer, 11 Jun 2013]

PANDA CSS

We will maintain a PANDA-specific CSS version. To use this please visit:
  • PANDA SVN repository
  • PANDACSS wiki
  • Tutorials ...

GSI/FAIR Controls

The GSI/FAIR Controls group is expected to provide:
  • Framework design
  • Templates and libraries
  • Database design and service
  • Consulting

GSI/FAIR Controls liaison

The liaison persons to GSI/FAIR are:

Division Liaison
FAIR Accelerator Ralph Baer (r.baer@gsi.de)
GSI Implementation Holger Brand (h.brand@gsi.de)

PANDA Subsystems

The PANDA magnet, target and detector subsystems groups are expected to provide:
  • Subsystem requirements
  • Tentative layout of the user interface
  • Connection implementation

Requirements Database

Our requirements database is available here: http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/ (its structure is described in DCSRequirementsDB). The detector subgroups should collect and enter (at least preliminary) numbers into this database by the end of 2008.

thumbs up The online interface automatically produces EPICS *.db files based on the information from the databases, and some easy IOC test scripts.

Detector liaisons

There should be a liaison person for magnet, target and for each detector subsystem. The liaison persons are expected to participate to the DCS subgroup meetings. The list can be found here: http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/interactiveTable.php?name=Subgroups

The heads of the detector groups are in charge of collecting DCS requirements (regarding physics signals, parameters, interdependencies) and liaising with the DCS group.

Detector groups are invited to present their plans/ideas regarding DCS within the subgroups session during our collaboration meetings. The heads of the detector groups are invited to volunteer.

Milestones

  • End of 2008 - have a complete set of DCS requirements in our Database DONE
  • End of 2009 - PANDA toy EPICS system for testing and integration trials up and running DONE
  • Start of 2010 - PANDA Electronic Logbook (http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/) up and running DONE
  • End of 2010 - EPICS GUIs look and feel, examples and documentation widely available DONE
  • Spring 2011 - Communicate on info time issues with the accelerator group
  • Spring 2011 - Get the FEE group closely involved (share/display rates, thresholds etc.)

Idea bank

To collect general and specific ideas in a place where it's easy for everyone to review and contribute, we set up a wiki where you are invited to visit/edit: IdeaBank

Hardware

SupportedHardware is a wiki describing the proposed/tested/supported sensor/control hardware for the PANDA ECS. Early contributions have the chance to set the standards and significantly help other detector subgroups. Please contribute.

Documentation

It is advisable that the members of the DCS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA ECS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.

PV Naming Conventions

>
>

PANDA DCS Technical Design

The present structure of PANDA experiment involves several sub-detectors and sub-systems (Fig.1). The Slow Controls (SC) of each PANDA sub-detector and sub-system are planned to be monitored and controlled from a supervisory software application.

PandaCentralDCS.png

In the past, an evaluation of several SCADA development packages ( PVSS, LabView, EPICS) was performed by a PANDA slow controls subgroup and the EPICS package was selected to be the main PANDA SC software development tool.

Due to the anticipated complexity of the whole PANDA DCS and the expected staged assembly of PANDA detector, the DCS is highly needed to be modular and scalable. In order to accomplish this, each PANDA sub-detector or sub-system is envisaged to be basically autonomous but manageable from a supervisory layer.

PandaDCSPartition.png

The autonomy of each PANDA DCS partition (Fig. 2) implies that the partition should be self-controllable. This means that, specific slow control software, tailored to configure, monitor and control the hardware devices belonging to the partition, is required. Moreover, the partition specific software must be capable to share data with the supervisory layer.

In order to ensure compatible data sharing between the DCS supervisory layer and DCS partition, an EPICS Process Variable Gateway is required to be implemented by each PANDA DCS partition. Additionally, the PV Gateway will provide access rights administration and subnet interface.

The SC operation of each partition will be performed from a dedicated graphical user interface (GUI). The interface must ensure the accurate and safe operation of the partition hardware. The complete interface, or part of it, will be embedded in the PANDA supervisory software.

At the moment, the state of the art user interface to EPICS is supported by the Control System Studio (CSS) framework. The technical design of PANDA DCS is planned to provide a set of guidelines for naming conventions, and graphical interface look and feel, in order to guarantee the similarity of the independent developed modules and to simplify the integration.

The outcome of putting all the above requirements together is a PANDA DCS architecture based on a three-layer design – Supervisory, Control and Field layers. The highest level is the Supervisory one. The Control Layer is in the middle and it is the level where all the PANDA DCS partitions are connected. The Field Layer is embedded in each PANDA DCS Partition, and is made of all the devices and sensors used to monitor and control the sub-sytem.

PandaDCSLayers.png

Because the device driver software support in EPICS is limited, the software development tools used to control the lowermost layer (Field Layer) are at the free choice of the developer. The only constrain here is that the software must be integrated in the control layer with the EPICS system. However, the recommendation is that the developer, in the early stages of design, should try implement, were is possible, the same hardware and software, with EPICS support, realized by other PANDA sub-systems.

PANDA DCS Partitions

PANDA DCS partitions together with the DCS coordinators are summarized in the table below:

PANDA Sytem DCS Partition DCS Coordinators
Magnets Solenoid Jost Luehning
Dipole
Targets Pellet Target Bogdan Zwieglinski
Cluster Target
Beam line and Interaction Region
Silicon Detectors Pixel & Strip Harald Kleines
Luminosity Monitor Florian Feldbauer
Trackers Straw Tube Mario Bragadireanu
Endcap GEM Bernd Voss
Forward trackers t.b.a.
Electromagnetic Calorimeter Electromagnetic Calorimeter Thomas Held
Forward Shashlyk Forward Shashlyk Sofia Bukreeva
Charged Particle ID Barrel DIRC Andreas Gerhardt
Endcap Cherenkov t.b.a.
Forward RICH t.b.a.
SciTil (Barrel TOF) t.b.a.
FTOF t.b.a.
Muon system Muon system t.b.a.
Hypernuclei equipment Hypernuclei t.b.a.
  Services t.b.a.
The team taking responsibility for the controls of a PANDA DCS partition is expected to provide:
  • implementation of controls for the hardware devices belonging to the Field Layer of the partition;
  • the software running on the Control Layer of the partition;
  • the partition GUI software;
  • the autonomous operation of the partition.

The PANDA DCS sub-system manager is responsible with:
  • the preparation of DCS technical design;
  • monitor (and guarantee) the implementation of the DCS technical design;
  • the integration of the DCS partitions in the supervisory layer;
  • organize the development of the DCS supervisory software.

PANDA DCS Technical Support

Hardware and Software
  • SupportedHardware is a wiki describing the proposed/tested/supported sensor/control hardware for the PANDA DCS. Early contributions have the chance to set the standards and significantly help other detector subgroups. Please contribute.
  • PANDA CSS
Process Variables Naming Convention
 

The naming convention for PANDA slow control process variables is outlined in this wiki: PVNamingConventions. We recommend implementing these rules early, to avoid later confusion.
Added:
>
>
Tutorials and Examples

Information exchange

News
Meetings
  • Next PANDA DCS session: parallel session @ PANDA LI Collaboration Meeting
  • The master archive with presentations from all our subgroup meetings is here: TalksArchive. Please attach your talks using your account, such that the author name is visible and easy to search for. Preferred format is pdf.
Forum
 
Changed:
<
<

Related topics

>
>
The DCS subgroup forum is located here.

Contacts

 
Changed:
<
<
>
>
The PANDA SC subgroup has been formed in 2007. The subgroup is basically made by people, from different PANDA collaborating institutions, involved in the slow controls of the experiment, chaired by the SC sub-system manager. The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found here. The present subgroup chairman is Mario Bragadireanu.
 
Changed:
<
<
-- DanProtopopescu - 15 Dec 2011
>
>
The DCS mailing list is panda-dcs@gsi.de.
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS interrelations graph (small)" date="1196957713" name="DCS_small.png" path="DCS_small.png" size="63756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small)" date="1207780246" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-wbg-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-wbg-small.png" size="114286" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small) with AFECS" date="1252090282" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-generic-w-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-generic-w-small.png" size="228756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="h" comment="How to write your own slow controls" date="1323954477" name="DCS-HOWTO.png" path="DCS-HOWTO.png" size="1276908" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="How to write your own slow controls (with links)" date="1323955064" name="DCS-HOWTO.pdf" path="DCS-HOWTO.pdf" size="1524515" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.2"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaCentralDCS.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136125" name="PandaCentralDCS.png" path="PandaCentralDCS.png" size="71653" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSPartition.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136271" name="PandaDCSPartition.png" path="PandaDCSPartition.png" size="68318" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attachment="PandaDCSLayers.png" attr="" comment="" date="1413136408" name="PandaDCSLayers.png" path="PandaDCSLayers.png" size="113227" user="MarioBragadireanu" version="1"
Revision 70
Changes from r66 to r70
Line: 1 to 1
Changed:
<
<

Detector Control System

>
>

PANDA Detector Control System

 

This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The architecture of the PANDA DCS and the individual components were ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date. To more appropriately reflect its scope, the DCS group should be renamed ECS (Experiment Control System), so for a while, both acronyms might appear throughout the documentation.
Changed:
<
<

ECS interrelations graph (small)
>
>
ECS interrelations graph (small)
 

[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | eLogbook | Process Variables | EPICS | PANDACSS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]
Line: 16 to 14
  -->
Changed:
<
<
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
>
>
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email LarsSchmitt with your wiki name to be added).
 

Line: 26 to 24
 

Subgroup chairperson(s)

Changed:
<
<
The subgroup co-chairmen at this time are DanProtopopescu and LarsSchmitt.
>
>
The subgroup chairman at this time is MarioBragadireanu. Past chairman: DanProtopopescu.
 

Subgroup members

Changed:
<
<
The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
>
>
The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
  from the DCS mailing list.

Strategy Document

Line: 72 to 70
 

It is very likely that the PANDA ECS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.
Changed:
<
<
DCS components (small) with AFECS
>
>
DCS components (small) with AFECS
 

How to write your own slow controls with EPICS and CSS

Find out here the full recipe of how to to this: DCS-HOWTO.pdf (PDF with links)
Changed:
<
<
How to write your own slow controls
>
>
How to write your own slow controls
 

EPICS Wiki (Tutorials & Examples)

Line: 89 to 86
 
Added:
>
>
​[The two links above now require authentication, which shouldn't be. Maybe the tutorials have been removed as the University of Glasgow is no longer a member of PANDA and DanProtopopescu is no longer working there. TobiasTriffterer, 11 Jun 2013]
 

PANDA CSS

We will maintain a PANDA-specific CSS version. To use this please visit:
  • PANDA SVN repository
Changed:
<
<
>
>
 
  • Tutorials ...
Deleted:
<
<
 

GSI/FAIR Controls

The GSI/FAIR Controls group is expected to provide:
Revision 66
Changes from r62 to r66
Line: 1 to 1
 

Detector Control System

This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The architecture of the PANDA DCS and the individual components were ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date. To more appropriately reflect its scope, the DCS group should be renamed ECS (Experiment Control System), so for a while,
Line: 4 to 4
  This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The architecture of the PANDA DCS and the individual components were ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date. To more appropriately reflect its scope, the DCS group should be renamed ECS (Experiment Control System), so for a while, both acronyms might appear throughout the documentation.
Added:
>
>
  ECS interrelations graph (small)
Changed:
<
<
[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | eLogbook | Process Variables | EPICS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]
>
>

[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | eLogbook | Process Variables | EPICS | PANDACSS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]
 

Changed:
<
<
Members of the ECS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
>
>
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
 

Organization

Changed:
<
<
The ECS subgroup has been established on September 17, 2007. The present structure is listed below.
>
>
The DCS subgroup has been established on September 17, 2007. The present structure is listed below.
 

Subgroup chairperson(s)

Line: 28 to 28
 

Subgroup members

Changed:
<
<
The most up-to-date list of ECS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
>
>
The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
  from the DCS mailing list.

Strategy Document

Line: 46 to 46
 

Forum

The subgroup forum is located on the GSI server. pencil.gif
Changed:
<
<
It is recommended that members of the ECS subgroup do subscribe to this forum.
>
>
It is recommended that members of the DCS subgroup do subscribe to this forum.
 

Mailing list

Line: 68 to 68
 

ECS framework structure

Changed:
<
<
It is very likely that the PANDA ECS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.
>
>
It is very likely that the PANDA ECS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.
 

DCS components (small) with AFECS
Line: 96 to 96
 
  • Tentative layout of the user interface
  • Connection implementation
Deleted:
<
<

EPICS Wiki

 
Changed:
<
<
The EPICS wiki gives some programming specs and guidelines for how to write a simple GUI, send and control parameters, announcements of tutorials etc.
>
>

EPICS Wiki (Tutorials & Examples)

The EPICS wiki gives some programming specs and guidelines for how to write a simple GUI, send and control parameters, lists tutorials etc.
 

Requirements Database

Line: 119 to 120
 

Milestones

  • End of 2008 - have a complete set of DCS requirements in our Database DONE
Changed:
<
<
  • End of 2009 - PANDA toy EPICS system for testing and integration trials up and running
>
>
  • End of 2009 - PANDA toy EPICS system for testing and integration trials up and running DONE
  • Start of 2010 - PANDA Electronic Logbook (http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/) up and running DONE
  • End of 2010 - EPICS GUIs look and feel, examples and documentation widely available DONE
 

Idea bank

Line: 133 to 136
 

Documentation

Changed:
<
<
It is advisable that the members of the ECS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA ECS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.
>
>
It is advisable that the members of the DCS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA ECS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.
 

PV Naming Conventions

The naming convention for PANDA slow control process variables is outlined in this wiki: PVNamingConventions. We recommend implementing these rules early, to avoid later confusion.
Deleted:
<
<

Getting started with EPICS using StreamDevice

DCS.EPICSstartUsingStreamDev
 

Related topics

Revision 58
Changes from r54 to r58
Line: 1 to 1
Changed:
<
<

Detector Control System

>
>

Experiment Control System

 
Changed:
<
<
This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The aim is to decide (and have some preliminary trials of) the framework for the PANDA DCS by the end of 2008. The architecture of the PANDA DCS and the individual components will be then ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date.
>
>
This is the wiki page of the ECS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The aim is to decide (and have some preliminary trials of) the framework for the PANDA DCS by the end of 2008. The architecture of the PANDA ECS and the individual components will be then ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date. To appropriately reflect its scope, the DCS group will be renamed ECS (Experiment Control System), so for a while, both acronyms might appear throughout the documentation.
 
Changed:
<
<
DCS interrelations graph (small)
>
>
ECS interrelations graph (small)
 
Changed:
<
<
[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | Requirements Database | EPICS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]
>
>
[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | eLogbook | EPICS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]
 

Changed:
<
<
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
>
>
Members of the ECS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
 

Organization

Changed:
<
<
The DCS subgroup has been established on September 17, 2007. The present structure is listed below.
>
>
The ECS subgroup has been established on September 17, 2007. The present structure is listed below.
 

Subgroup chairperson(s)

Line: 29 to 28
 

Subgroup members

Changed:
<
<
The most up-to-date list of DCS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
>
>
The most up-to-date list of ECS members can be found either from the DCS_REQ Contacts table or
  from the DCS mailing list.

Strategy Document

Line: 40 to 39
 

There are a forum and a mailing list hosted on the GSI servers.
Added:
>
>

Electronic logbook

The PANDA collaboration's electronic logbook is located at: http://panda-controls.gsi.de/DB/eLog.php
 

Forum

The subgroup forum is located on the GSI server. pencil.gif
Changed:
<
<
It is recommended that members of the DCS subgroup do subscribe to this forum.
>
>
It is recommended that members of the ECS subgroup do subscribe to this forum.
 

Mailing list

Line: 60 to 63
 

Teleconferencing

Holger Brand created a virtual room FAIR Controls (Adobe Connect) dedicated to controls
Changed:
<
<
discussions for FAIR experiments. To arrange a meeting, please contact Holger
>
>
discussions for FAIR experiments. To arrange a meeting, please contact Holger
  and provide the date, time and subject.
Changed:
<
<

DCS framework structure

>
>

ECS framework structure

 
Changed:
<
<
It is very likely that the PANDA DCS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from
>
>
It is very likely that the PANDA ECS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from
  slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.

DCS components (small) with AFECS
Line: 86 to 89
 
FAIR Accelerator Ralph Baer (r.baer@gsi.de)
GSI Implementation Holger Brand (h.brand@gsi.de)
Changed:
<
<

PANDA Detector subsystems

>
>

PANDA Subsystems

 

The PANDA magnet, target and detector subsystems groups are expected to provide:
  • Subsystem requirements
Line: 106 to 109
 

Detector liaisons

There should be a liaison person for magnet, target and for each detector subsystem. The liaison
Changed:
<
<
persons are expected to participate to the DCS subgroup meetings. The preliminary list is below:
>
>
persons are expected to participate to the DCS subgroup meetings. The list can be found here: http://nuclear.gla.ac.uk/DCS/interactiveTable.php?name=Subgroups
 

Changed:
<
<
Subsystem Liaison REQ DB DATA
EMC Fritz-Herbert Heinsius (heinsius@ep1.rub.de) in
RICH Ralf Kaiser (r.kaiser@physics.gla.ac.uk) in
MVD Harald Kleines (h.kleines@fz-juelich.de) in
Endcap DIRC Bjoern Seitz (b.seitz@physics.gla.ac.uk) in
Barrel DIRC Carsten Schwarz (C.Schwarz@gsi.de) in
GEM Bernd Voss (B.Voss@gsi.de) in
MUON Maria Pia Bussa (bussa@to.infn.it) n/a
TOF   n/a
Forward Spectrometer Jerzy Smyrski (jerzy.smyrski@uj.edu.pl) n/a
STT Paola Gianotti (paola.gianotti@lnf.infn.it) in
TPC Bernhard Ketzer (bernhard.ketzer@cern.ch) in
Magnet Inti Lehmann (i.lehmann@physics.gla.ac.uk) in
Target Herbert Orth (h.orth@gsi.de), Alfons Khoukaz (khoukaz@uni-muenster.de) in
DAQ Wolfgang Kühn (wolfgang.kuehn@exp2.physik.uni-giessen.de) n/a

The heads of the detector groups are in charge of collecting DCS requirements (regarding physics signals, parameters, interdependencies) and liaising with the DCS group.
>
>
The heads of the detector groups are in charge of collecting DCS requirements (regarding physics signals, parameters, interdependencies) and liaising with the ECS group.
 

Detector groups are invited to present their plans/ideas regarding DCS within the subgroups session during our collaboration meetings. The heads of the detector groups are invited to volunteer.
Line: 141 to 128
 

Hardware

Changed:
<
<
SupportedHardware is a wiki describing the proposed/tested/supported sensor/control hardware for the PANDA DCS. Early contributions
>
>
SupportedHardware is a wiki describing the proposed/tested/supported sensor/control hardware for the PANDA ECS. Early contributions
  have the chance to set the standards and significantly help other detector subgroups. Please contribute.
Deleted:
<
<
 

Documentation

Changed:
<
<
It is advisable that the members of the DCS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA DCS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.
>
>
It is advisable that the members of the ECS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA ECS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.
 
Changed:
<
<

PANDA PV Naming Convention

>
>

PV Naming Conventions

 

The naming convention for PANDA slow control process variables is outlined in this wiki: PVNamingConventions. We recommend implementing these rules early, to avoid later confusion.
Added:
>
>

Getting started with EPICS using StreamDevice

DCS.EPICSstartUsingStreamDev
 

Related topics

Line: 164 to 154
 
Added:
>
>
-- DanProtopopescu - 07 Dec 2009
 
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS interrelations graph (small)" date="1196957713" name="DCS_small.png" path="DCS_small.png" size="63756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small)" date="1207780246" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-wbg-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-wbg-small.png" size="114286" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small) with AFECS" date="1252090282" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-generic-w-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-generic-w-small.png" size="228756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
Revision 54
Changes from r50 to r54
Line: 1 to 1
 

Detector Control System

This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI.
Line: 15 to 15
  -->
Changed:
<
<
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup
>
>
Members of the DCS group should register to this wiki and be added to the PandaControlsGroup (please email DanProtopopescu with your wiki name to be added).
 

Line: 68 to 68
  It is very likely that the PANDA DCS will be a combination of various specialized systems integrated via a high-level framework. AFECS would be the umbrella system that would aggregate the data streams from slow controls, DAQ and online analysis.
Changed:
<
<
DCS components (small)
>
>
DCS components (small) with AFECS
 

GSI/FAIR Controls

Line: 129 to 129
  Detector groups are invited to present their plans/ideas regarding DCS within the subgroups session during our collaboration meetings. The heads of the detector groups are invited to volunteer.
Deleted:
<
<

Open topics / To Do

For the immediate future:

Other issues:

  • ML(ApMon) module for LabView device classes (equivalent to DIM's function)
  • AFECS module for LabView
 

Milestones

  • End of 2008 - have a complete set of DCS requirements in our Database DONE
Line: 162 to 150
  It is advisable that the members of the DCS group browse the documentation for EPICS, AFECS and MonALISA. PANDA DCS specific documentation will be linked/attached here as it is written.
Added:
>
>

PANDA PV Naming Convention

The naming convention for PANDA slow control process variables is outlined in this wiki: PVNamingConventions. We recommend implementing these rules early, to avoid later confusion.
 

Related topics

Line: 174 to 166
 

META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS interrelations graph (small)" date="1196957713" name="DCS_small.png" path="DCS_small.png" size="63756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small)" date="1207780246" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-wbg-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-wbg-small.png" size="114286" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
Added:
>
>
META FILEATTACHMENT attr="" comment="DCS components (small) with AFECS" date="1252090282" name="DCS-LayersDAQ-generic-w-small.png" path="DCS-Layers+DAQ-generic-w-small.png" size="228756" user="DanProtopopescu" version="1.1"
Revision 50
Changes from r46 to r50
Line: 1 to 1
 

Detector Control System

This is the wiki page of the DCS Subgroup. This subgroup has been established during the September 2007 PANDA collaboration meeting at GSI. The aim is to decide (and have some preliminary trials of) the framework for the PANDA DCS by the end of 2008. The architecture of the PANDA DCS
Changed:
<
<
and the individual components will be then ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date.
>
>
and the individual components will be then ready for implementation and deployment, respectively, by the end of 2009. Actual testing, benchmarking, component development and streamlining will happen along with the completion of the detector until commissioning date.
 

DCS interrelations graph (small)
Changed:
<
<
[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | Requirements Database | IdeaBank ]
>
>
[ Quick Shortcuts: SupportedHardware | Requirements Database | EPICS | IdeaBank | TalksArchive ]