WebServices Web Preferences
The following settings are web preferences
of the WebServices
web. These preferences overwrite the site-level preferences
, and can be overwritten by user preferences
(your personal topic, eg: WikiGuest
in the Main
- Web specific background color: (Pick a lighter one of the StandardColors)
- List this web in the SiteMap:
- If yes, set SITEMAPLIST to
on, do not set NOSEARCHALL, and add the "what" and "use to..." description for the site map. Make sure to list only links that include the name of the web, e.g. WebServices.Topic links.
- Set SITEMAPLIST = on
- Set SITEMAPWHAT = Web tools and services for Panda
- Set SITEMAPUSETO = Installation, integration and configuration
- Exclude web from a
web="all" search: (Set to onfor hidden webs)
- Prevent automatic linking of WikiWords and acronyms (if set to
on); link WikiWords (if empty); can be overwritten by web preferences:
- Set NOAUTOLINK =
- Note: Use the
[[...][...]] syntax to link topics in case you disabled WikiWord linking. The
<noautolink> ... </noautolink> syntax can be used to prevents links within a block of text.
- Default template for new topics and form(s) for this web:
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in the WebServices web: (See AccessControl)
- Set DENYWEBVIEW =
- Set ALLOWWEBVIEW =
- Set DENYWEBCHANGE =
- Set ALLOWWEBCHANGE = AdminGroup
- Set DENYWEBRENAME =
- Set ALLOWWEBRENAME = AdminGroup
- Users or groups allowed to change or rename this WebPreferences topic: (I.e. AdminGroup)
- Web preferences that are notallowed to be overridden by user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = NOSEARCHALL, ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, WIKIWEBMASTER, WEBCOPYRIGHT, WEBTOPICLIST, DENYWEBVIEW, ALLOWWEBVIEW, DENYWEBCHANGE, ALLOWWEBCHANGE, DENYWEBRENAME, ALLOWWEBRENAME
- A preference is defined as:
6 spaces * Set NAME = value
- Preferences are used as System.Macros by enclosing the name in percent signs. Example:
- When you write variable
%WEBBGCOLOR% , it gets expanded to
- The sequential order of the preference settings is significant. Define preferences that use other preferences first, i.e. set
%WEBCOPYRIGHT% uses the
- You can introduce new preferences variables and use them in your topics and templates. There is no need to change the Foswiki engine (Perl scripts).
No permission to view RenameWeb
- DefaultPreferences has site-level preferences.
- WikiUsers has a list of user topics. User topics can have optional user preferences.
- System.Macros has a list of common
- AccessControl explains how to restrict access by users or groups.